The Hampton Roads H20 – Help to Others – Program
The Hampton Roads H20 – Help to Others – Program was established in 1999 by the Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC). The Commission is a regional organization that represents the area’s 16 local governments. Throughout the year, the HRPDC and Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) conduct fundraising to provide assistance through the program. A base amount of funds is then allocated to each locality and the remaining funds are distributed based on a number of water accounts.
HELP A NEIGHBOR IN NEED
Did you know that 58% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck? When you donate , every drop of generosity will assist a local family in your neighborhood.
Click the button below to donate TODAY!
How to Apply
- Applicants must live in our services area (Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Chesapeake) and utility HRSD/HRUBS (and Virginia Beach Public Utilities) to qualify.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that a personal or family crisis has inhibited their ability to pay public utility bills.
- Eligible clients can receive up to $500 in program assistance toward eligible account costs once in any twelve-month period.
- If account delinquency exceed $500, applicant must either copay the overage or get on a payment plan prior to referral to qualify.
- Contact the Regional Housing Crisis Hotline (757-227-5932) for H2O referral.
- H2O funds are limited. For information on the active status of the H2O program, please call 757-965-9012 and select option 3.