How to Apply
- Clients must live in the service area of the participating utility
- Participating utilities include public water utilities in Hampton Roads and HRSD.
- Must be able to demonstrate that a personal or family crisis has inhibited the ability to pay public utility bills.
- Eligible clients can receive program assistance one time in any twelve-month period in the amount of $250.00 or the balance due, whichever is less.
- Eligible clients must agree to participate in an educational program as recommended by The Salvation Army if there are signs of water waster
- Clients must pay HRSD and/or Public Utilities for Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, or Norfolk to qualify
- The bill can not exceed $250.00 with a Virginia Beach client the HRSD and Public Utility can not exceed $250.00.
- Clients must call the office to get current information
For more information, call 757-965-9012 ext. 3