How to Apply
- Applicants must live in our services area (Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Chesapeake) and utility HRSD/HRUBS (and Virginia Beach Public Utilities) to qualify.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that a personal or family crisis has inhibited their ability to pay public utility bills.
- Eligible clients can receive up to $500 in program assistance toward eligible account costs once in any twelve-month period.
- If account delinquency exceed $500, applicant must either copay the overage or get on a payment plan prior to referral to qualify.
- Contact the Regional Housing Crisis Hotline (757-227-5932) for H2O referral.
- H2O funds are limited. For information on the active status of the H2O program, please call 757-965-9012 and select option 3.