Appointments for 2022 Christmas Assistance
Please read all instructions below to ensure you take the proper steps to enroll and receive Christmas assistance. Only appointments made through the online process will be considered for assistance. Appointments are made available at 9AM during the dates below and are open until filled each day. If you receive a message that you have a zip code error – this means all appointments for that day have already been filled.
- Request an appointment online during the dates below. The link to request an appointment will be added to this site. Appointments are automatically assigned as received, so we are unable to accommodate requests for specific appointment times. If your request is approved, you will receive an email with your appointment info and link to begin your application.
Tri-Cities Area: Appointments open online September 22 & 23
Greater Richmond Area: Appointments open online September 26 – 30
2. Begin application online to fast track your appointment. You can enter all info for you, your children and their wishlist items online. You will still need to come to your appointment to verify your income eligibility and relationship to your children in order to complete your enrollment.
3. Attend appointment to verify income, review application and complete enrollment. You must attend your appointment in order to be fully enrolled and receive assistance. You will then receive a date to return for gift pick-up.
Appointments will be assigned at random as they are received during the online request process. Appointments will typically be two or three weeks from the day your request is approved (ie. if you request an appointment on September 26th, it will be for October 10th or October 17th.
You must attend your appointment for your enrollment to be completed. Filling out an online application, but not attending your appointment, will not allow you to receive assistance.
Requesting Christmas Assistance – Solicitar Asistencia de Navidad
- Anyone requesting Christmas Assistance will schedule an appointment online to come in and register for assistance in person.
- We will release a set number of appointments online each day. Appointments become available exactly two weeks before the in-person registration date. For example, for an in-person registration date of October 16, the earliest those appointments would appear in our online system is October 2.
- Please keep in mind, due to a high volume of requests, we can’t guarantee your preferred date will be available. If a particular day is booked, your best bet is to check the system every day as new appointments get released.
- During in-person registration, you must bring all required documentation and wish lists/clothing sizes for your children.
- If all requirements are met, you will then be given a time/day to return to pick up your gifts and coat(s) in December.
Requirements for Assistance – Requisitos para Recibir Asistencia
Families MUST meet at least one of the following criteria to be eligible for assistance:
- Experiencing a financial crisis or hardship
- Child/children participate on free or reduced lunch program
- Receive TANF (please bring award letter)
- Receive SNAP (please bring award letter)
- Receive WIC (please bring award letter)
- Medicaid for children (please bring card)
- Low income, at/below the poverty line
What to Bring to your Appointment – Qué debe traer a su Cita
Families MUST bring the following records with them to their appointment:
- Photo identification (proof of current address needed if not on I.D.)
- Birth certificates (to verify ages) for registered children (ages 0-13)
- Applicant should be prepared with all eligible children’s clothing sizes.
- Proof of household income (one of the following)
- Benefits award letter from Social Services or Section 8 Housing or
- Most current month’s paystub or
- Benefits award letter from Employment Commission or
- Benefits award letter from Social Security or private insurance company
What to Expect at your Appointment – Que Ocurre el Día de su Cita
- Face masks are not required, however we encourage you to wear one.
- If you are sick at the time of your appointment, please call 804-225-7470 in advance to discuss other options.
- Only one person per family is allowed inside at the time of your appointment. In order to maintain limited capacity and sanitation guidelines, we are unable to allow children in the facility.