Schedule A Time to Apply for Assistance
Appointments for 2021 Christmas Assistance will begin in September.
Please check this page closer to that time for more information. Only appointments made through the online process will be considered for assistance.
Online appointments open:
Tri-Cities: September 14 – 16
OMA (Spanish): September 29 – October 1
Comuníquese con OMA directamente.
Richmond: September 28 – October 8
Richmond Seniors (62+): September 30 – October 8
After requesting an appointment online, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours with your appointment time and date. Please follow the email instructions to fill out your pre-registration info. At your appointment, we will verify the information already completed and review your documents.
What to Expect at your Appointment
- We ask that you wear a face mask to protect all persons at the Christmas warehouse. Individuals not wearing a mask or face covering will not be allowed in. We will have a limited supply of face masks available.
- Prior to entering for your appointment, we will screen your temperature and ask you to sanitize your hands. If you are running a fever, you will not be allowed in. If you are sick at the time of your appointment, please call in advance to discuss other options.
- Only one person per family is allowed inside at the time of your appointment. In order to maintain limited capacity and sanitation guidelines, we are unable to allow children in the facility.
Requirements for Assistance
Families MUST meet at least one of the following criteria to be eligible for assistance:
- Experiencing a financial crisis or hardship
- Child/children participate on free or reduced lunch program
- Receive TANF (please bring award letter)
- Receive SNAP (please bring award letter)
- Low income, at/below the poverty line
Families MUST bring the following records with them to their appointment:
- Photo identification (proof of current address needed if not on I.D.)
- Birth certificates (to verify ages) for registered children (ages 0-13)
- Applicant should be prepared with all eligible children’s clothing sizes.
- Proof of household income (one of the following)
- Benefits award letter from Social Services or Section 8 Housing or
- Most current month’s paystub or
- Benefits award letter from Employment Commission or
- Benefits award letter from Social Security or private insurance company
Requesting Christmas Assistance
- Anyone requesting Christmas Assistance will schedule an appointment online to come in and register for assistance in person.
- We will release a set number of appointments online each day. Appointments become available exactly two weeks before the in-person registration date. For example, for an in-person registration date of October 16, the earliest those appointments would appear in our online system is October 2.
- Please keep in mind, due to a high volume of requests, we can’t guarantee your preferred date will be available. If a particular day is booked, your best bet is to check the system every day as new appointments get released.
- During in-person registration, you must bring all required documentation and wish lists/clothing sizes for your children.
- If all requirements are met, you will then be given a time/day to return to pick up your gifts and coat(s) in December.