The Salvation Army needs your creativity! Help us create a special t-shirt that can tell our story. T-shirt sales will also raise funds for our year-round programs and services. Full contest details and rules listed below, or available for download here.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- April 19, 2021 – Contest begins
- May 28, 2021 – Submission Deadline
- June 30, 2021 – Winner Announced
- July 12, 2021 – T-shirt release for public sale
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- There are two design categories: 1) The Salvation Army of Central Virginia and 2) Christmas with The Salvation Army.
- 1st Place – Designs (one for each category) will be used as a T-shirt fundraiser for the 2021 Christmas Season, recognition on The Salvation Army Central Virginia website, social media, and the designers receive a $100 Visa gift card.
- 2nd Place – $50 Visa gift card and recognition on The Salvation Army Central Virginia website and social media (one for each category).
- 3rd Place – $25 Visa gift card and recognition on The Salvation Army Central Virginia website and social media (one for each category).
Design Rules and Guidelines
- Design must portray the theme: “Compassion Through Action”.
- Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
- Design must include year “2021”.
- Design will appear on the front of a solid-color shirt.
- Design will be printed in up to two solid colors. Gradients and transparencies cannot be incorporated.
- Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- It is recommended to rend your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar design program. Entries should include the original file, a vector-based EPS file, a high-resolution JPEG or PDF file.
- A hand drawn design may be submitted via mail/delivery to 2 West Grace Street, Richmond, or it may be scanned into a pdf and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One entry per person per category. Entries may be submitted by an individual or as a collaborative effort.
- Eligibility: The contest to open to anyone except employees of The Salvation Army.
- Entries become the property of The Salvation Army.
- The Salvation Army reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the shirt.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Entries must be emailed by Friday, May 28, 2021 to Joanna.email@example.com.
- All entry emails should have the subject line “2021 T-Shirt Design Contest” + Designer(s) Name + Design Title.
- Include your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number. Collaborative entries should include a list of participating members noting the main contact for the group submission for communication from The Salvation Army.
How Winners Are Selected
- There will be two rounds of voting:
- Round 1: The Salvation Army appointed panel will select no more than 3 finalists.
- Round 2: The finalists will be posted on Facebook for public voting from 6/14 to 6/25/2021. Individuals may only vote once. The Salvation Army panel will break a tie.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality.
- Captures the theme “Compassion Through Action”.
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing.
- Feasibility of reproduction.
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines.
How Winners Will Be Notified
- Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. At the sole discretion of The Salvation Army, disqualification, forfeiture, and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its transmission.
- The return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts.
- Winner’s failure to provide original design files.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a “winner” of the contest via social media, E-Newsletters and on https://salvationarmypotomac.org/richmondva/
- To release the rights to your design to The Salvation Army for the use of the 2021 Salvation Army Christmas program t-shirt and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: The Salvation Army Central VA website, social media and marking materials.
- That The Salvation Army reserves the right to adjust the winning designs.
- That winners are responsible for all taxes associated with prizes.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements, and guidelines.