Show Your Shield is a NCV Division-wide, one-day event, which, as the name suggests, is a day when everyone who is associated with the The Salvation Army NCV Division is invited to “Show Your Shield” either by wearing the iconic red shield, or the Soldier’s uniform in public, creating opportunities to share about your connection to The Salvation Army, and what being a part of the Army means to YOU.
- This is an opportunity for reflection and conveying the meaning and value of soldiership, membership, and other kinds of affiliation with The Salvation Army, which can help form missional identity and focus.
- Cultivate a robust sense of identity and belonging in The Army.
- Provides opportunities for Soldiers, Adherents, and partners to articulate to others, and thus themselves, the value, meaning, and importance of soldiership, membership, partnership, affiliation.
- Cultivate broad personal ownership of — and investment in — The Army’s mission.
- Provide opportunity to The Salvation Army’s affiliates to share the work of the Army with a broader audience.
Literally anywhere and everywhere. At work, shopping, in school, at the gym, at your yoga class. etc. Anywhere you visit on a normal day presents an opportunity to share about the value of service, and your experience with the Army. Use the hashtag #ShowYourShield
Anyone who has a positive association with the Army: every Officer, Soldier, Jr. Soldier, Adherent, Volunteer, Board Member, Kettle Worker, etc.
Wednesday May 15, 2019. This falls right in the middle of National Salvation Army week.
The National Capital and Virginia Division has created a Dropbox with resources and materials for use with your Corps for “Show Your Shield,” as part of National Salvation Army Week.
And don’t forget to place a “Picture Frame” on a Facebook profile picture. http://bit.ly/ShowYourShield